In a few key ways.
1. ioby is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, so all donations to projects on ioby are tax-deductible.
2. As a nonprofit, we have a mission to make sure your project is successful. This means
- we have a very high rate of fully funded projects,
- we have a unique flexible finish policy that makes it easier for you to get the funds you raised,
- we have a low fee structure that intentionally supports early stage ideas and small projects,
- we host webinars specifically designed to support environmental leaders.
3. ioby is more than a funding platform. We call ioby crowd-resourcing because we want you to get all the resources you need for a successful project. We connect you to other civic leaders, host meetings and discussions to support thought leadership in local solutions and civic engagement, and bring you into a community of peer learning through our Recipes for Change toolkit.
4. You know what's best for your neighborhood. All projects that are good for the environment, good for the community and make no profit are eligible to use ioby.